Major Climbing Mechanics Update!
This update addresses the following issues raised by the community:
- slow climbing / cannot climb a steep wall unless you hop up
- if get caught in the sun, no fast way down
- can easily shoot yourself off the sides of a narrow wall due to poor running mechanics
- that feeling that it's not your fault that you can't make a jump
The changes are still not perfect, but should adequately address the above problems with the following new movement mechanics:
- climb walls without hopping (although you can hop more crisply to speed up)
- can walk left, right, and down walls (but not too steep an angle down)
- generous fall-off-ledge jumping
- running is the default, press shift to walk
- jumping is tighter in general
I've also added a dot cursor to help those with motion sickness.
Please let me know if there are any bugs, i'll improve the mechanics if necessary :)
Below is a video summarizing the update. Hope you enjoy!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.